Diposkan oleh Unknown on Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not honoured

I was not honoured by the Queen today.

Perhaps my job is not important, I’m not earning enough money, or I don’t have a big enough expense account to influence people who may wish to nominate me. Unlike two former mayors who were honoured today, I have not been voted out of the three positions I have been elected to – and even if I was, there were no awards for the important things I am elected to provide my services to.

It’s not like I don’t know some famous or well-known people – I do. But I don’t have an expense account to take them out to lunch and ask for their nomination.

Queen's Birthday honours used to feel like real honours, not a golden handshake for collecting a salary. Guess it’s cheaper than a gold watch though.

Time for a republic.

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Come on share your comment, but please do not spam