Diposkan oleh Unknown on Thursday, November 5, 2009

Harawira's e-mail

With reference to this post, this is the e-mail Hone Harawira sent to former Waitangi Tribunal director Buddy Mikaere.
From: Hone Harawira
Sent: Tuesday, 3 November 2009 10:38 p.m.
Subject: FW: Ae Marika - 03 November 2009 - Hone Harawira MP Te Tai Tokerau

Gee Buddy, do you believe that white man bullshit too do you?

White mother******* have been raping our lands and ripping us off for centuries, and all of a sudden you want me to play along with their puritanical bullshit.

I don't often respond to comments like this, but I will to you.

I put in shit loads of hours and bucketloads of energy in my commitment to advancing Maori, and I am happy to put my body, my freedom, and my personal credibility on the line for that cause.

And I don't do it because of the salary, or the political position I hold, or for any other reason than that I believe in fighting for Maori rights and I love doing what I do.

As far as my wife is concerned - I don't know what your relationship is with whomever, but my wife is my partner, my adviser, my critic, and my best friend, and she has marched with me, fought alongside me, suffered the hard times with me and stood by me for more than 35 years, so if I get the chance to take her with me as part of my role as an MP I will.

And quite frankly I don't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks about it.

OK?

Hone

PS and if you want to take this to the press, go right ahead. I answer to my people, not to them or to anybody else.

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Come on share your comment, but please do not spam