Shakira Went Undercover For University

Diposkan oleh Unknown on Monday, October 19, 2009





Singer and dancer Shakira has revealed how she went undercover so she could attend university without getting recognized.

The She Wolf hitmaker, 32, took a break from music in 2006, after releasing the album Oral Fixation Vol. 2, and enrolled on a history course at the University of California in Los Angeles.


And she was so desperate not to attract any attention, she dressed up as a man; changed her name; and wore a disguise so that people would not discover her true identity.

“I needed a break from me,” Shakira told UK newspaper The Guardian. “The universe is so broad, I cannot be at the center of it.

“So I decided to go to the university and study history for a summer course, just to kind of switch gears, taste the student life.

“I used to wear a cap and a big backpack, I looked like a boy. I didn’t get recognized. Some people looked at me very suspiciously, a few people asked me, but I told them my name was Isabelle. I would go to university over and over again if I could.”

“I should care less,” Shakira said of her career. “It has been 20 years, but I still care about my career. I care about the music. I’m not normal.”

{ 0 komentar... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

Come on share your comment, but please do not spam